Our Mission and Aims
Talking to Knitwire gives you access to 44 years of experience and knowledge from our long service staff. Our agility in the current market, allows you request flexibility.
History and Vision
In the heart of the UK Wire industry, Knitwire was founded by Eric and Audrey Forber in 1976, to create jobs for the family. This has been accomplished mostly with the family extended to 50 people in the UK and over 30 in South Africa (at time of writing). We still have 13 family relatives working in the group of companies and our team of colleagues have become friends.
The growth of the team is due to the hard work and efforts of Stephen Forber (Eric and Audrey’s son) as MD and the team around him in bringing his ideas to life. The third generation of the family are now heavily involved and hope to continue giving value to our customers.
Our vision is to enable long-term prosperity in our manufacturing community. The three towns of Warrington, Widnes and Runcorn, are home to most of our team and their families. They are three industrial towns in the Mersey basin that have benefitted from a large manufacturing sector for generations.
Mission and Values
Employment and prosperity in the homes of families that keep our towns buzzing and alive with manufacturing.
- Security – of employment for the family and team members.
- High standards – of product and service to exceed customer expectations.
- Compassion – by helping others in a less fortunate situation.
- Commitment – to the company, providing stability for us all.
- Learning – Teach with passion to promote understanding and competence.